Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

CZJ Tessar 50mm f/2.8 Auto for Exakta Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » CZJ Tessar 50mm f/2.8 Auto for Exakta « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ronnies
Tinkerer
Username: Ronnies

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 02:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I've recently acquired one of these lenses with the big auto aperture button on the side. It has some fungus on the inside of the rear group and I'd like to get it out to clean it.

Looking at the CZJ lens notes on Rick Oleson's excellent site it looks like the rear group is held in by three raetaining rings and indeed I can see three pairs of slots for lens spanners at the back. Now I've removed the outer ring no problem but the internal rings just seem to turn incessantly and the rear group isn't coming out. What have I missed? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks !

Ronnie

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1223

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rear cell isn't threaded .... once you have removed the outer ring it should pull out. You might have to remove the front cell and push it out from the front, though.

Romka055
Tinkerer
Username: Romka055

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

As far as I can remember, there is one threaded ring with slots and the other two are just spacers.
Ones you got the slotted ring out, you should be able to get the element assembly out. Try turning and pulling on it, as its sits there with quite a tight tolerance.

Ronnies
Tinkerer

Post Number: 30

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Guys. That's what I was beginning to think but was unable to pull it out. Maybe it's just a little too tight and I need to pull it dead straight.

I'll have another go at it and see what I can do.

Thanks again !

Ronnie

Ronnies
Tinkerer

Post Number: 31

Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012 - 01:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Managed to get the group out and cleaned.

Thanks again !

Ronnie

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 1041

Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of those rubber suction devices used for removing and replacing individual optical elements is a very useful tool for removing this type of rear cell assembly. Go for the rubber bulb type and get the largest that will cover the rear glass.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration