Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM10 Wont Turn On Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus OM10 Wont Turn On « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Grezmel
Tinkerer
Username: Grezmel

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 01:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,

im hoping someone can help me.....

I purchased a second hand "working" Olympus OM10 from Ebay and it arrived today.

I have put some new batteries in the camera and switched to the Check position and nothing happens, no light or beeping. I have tried another set of batteries and the same (the batteries are the correct way round)

Can anyone suggest if I am doing anything wrong, or if there is something I should check ?

thanks in advance

Graham

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 196

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 04:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should hear the beep. If the on/off dial feels loose and sloppy it is probably a bad switch. If it feels ok, it could be a dirty switch in there. You can try working the on/off dial a few dozen times to see if that "cleans" the contact points or, if that doesn't work, squirt some lighter fluid under the dial and work it in. If it doesn't work after that either the switch is too bad off or the internal circuitry has gone bad somewhere.

Grezmel
Tinkerer
Username: Grezmel

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2012 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Think am getting there - I now have the lights working(both the external light and the internal light), however the camera doesnt beep when you do a battery check, even though the light comes on.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration