Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME Super advice needed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax ME Super advice needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steveden
Tinkerer
Username: Steveden

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am stripping down an old Pentax ME supper to familiarise myself with its workings before repairing the one I have that's in good cosmetic condition but has the usual sticking shutter problems. In my enthusiasm I decided to strip clean and rebuild the shutter mechanism to gain more knowledge which I did and it seams to work OK however (there's always a but is isn't there) i have two very very small tube like spacers with very thin walls left, black in colour they remind me of spacer pieces but I didn't see where they came from, they are either out of the shutter or spacers used to atach the shutter to the body of the camera... any ideas please.
Secondly which is the best way to put the shutter back into the body of the camera as I only took out the battery and shoe plate and slid out the shutter (the winding mechanism is still in place)as I stated I am playing to learn but always appreciate and bow to experience, so any advise will be much appreciated.
Stephen

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 192

Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stephen,
The washers that you have are most likely the spacers that go between the top mirror box lugs and the body. They are often cemented in place but sometimes come loose. As for reassembly, the shutter should be cocked and the mirror in the down position.
Bill

Steveden
Tinkerer
Username: Steveden

Post Number: 5

Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 01:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all having stripped down another ME Super I can now answer my own questions with regards to the part I sought advice on. The two very small washers were support tubes that held the shutter runner on the operating mechanism side of the shutter mechanism in place, while the top cover holds the other side in place.
The cross shaped parts fit between top and bottom frame of the shutter in the loops on which the shutter sits when positioned back in the body. I trust this will be of help to someone. Steve

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration