Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon ftb:advance lever problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon ftb:advance lever problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joia
Tinkerer
Username: Joia

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 07:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone!
This morning, after loading a new roll of film, I loaded and I took the first picture. In the second charging, instead, advance lever is escaped when it was not loaded completely. Now the machine doesn't shot any more. Advance lever does not go more than half of its travel, and the self-timer once worked and nothing else.
I opened the top cover, hoping to unlock the lever mechanism forward. I can not remove the film counter unit. (I've already removed the four screw)
I'm moving in the right sense?
I hope you can help me solving this problem.
my ftb uncovered

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 97

Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know this particular camera, but its often easier to remove the bottom plate or baseplate of an SLR and try to find a possible source of the jam amongst any levers, gears etc under there and free it up / lubricate.

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 196

Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 07:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On a Canon FTb that is jammed, the first thing to check for is a missing frame counter window. Very common for it to become unglued and gravity pulls it downward into the wind mechanism. So if your frame counter window is missing, that is most likely the issue.

Joia
Tinkerer
Username: Joia

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the replies! I've removed the bottom plate but everything seems ok..also the film counter frame is ok.. I'm still trying to remove the film counter unit but it's still blocked by something that I can't understand.. Any ideas?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration