Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex Automat Model 3 (type K4B2... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Rolleiflex Automat Model 3 (type K4B2) jammed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Romka055
Tinkerer
Username: Romka055

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there.

Started working on a Rollei Automat K4B2.
The camera is jammed, can't turn the film advance or fire the shutter (I don't know if its charged or not). Tried both the shutter bottom and the cable release.

Any tips\hints on where to start?
Does any one came across a guide on opening one of thous?

I'm quite expediences with SLR but this is my first TAR I'm getting into.

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 115

Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you looked at the Rolleiflex rapair manual on this site under the "Repair Manuals" tab at the top of the page.

Romka055
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Denny,

Ye I have, the manual there is starting from around 1970's while the Automat was quite earlier, and the design is not that similar.

Eskimogus
Tinkerer
Username: Eskimogus

Post Number: 56

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it this one?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eskimogus/6327638402/
This Automat i got from a friend and it was jammed.
a dowel in the winding mechanism broke off and i had to solder it back. It controlled the stoping of the winder. Someone was winding till it stopped, and instead of turning the lever back to shooting position they kept pushing till it broke.

Here's a photo of the side open,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eskimogus/6312757865/

If you need mroe help, or think it's too much for you let me know. I wouldn't mind trading you.

[email protected]

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1235

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 04:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some repair notes if you'd like a copy - [email protected]

Mikevernon
Tinkerer
Username: Mikevernon

Post Number: 20

Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 02:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Romka. It may be that the shutter is already cocked but something is preventing it from being fired. The film won't advance of course until the shutter fires, so this would give the false impression that the transport is jammed.

My 3.5E had the same symptoms but the solution turned out to be very simple.

See my earlier thread https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/23750.html?1330025154

Romka055
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 01:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you all guys,

After giving up, I came back to it.
Got a new screw driver, as the screws on the front were in bad shape (you need to have a 1.5X0.4mm flat screw driver, the standards are 0.5mm and won't fit the slot.

The lever on the bottom, coupling the release button and the shutter mechanism was bent, probably due to forcing it when the winding lever was still in the "up" position.

Unbending is, and some tiny drops of oil got it back.

Now just need to get a new mirror as this one is no good.

Thanks again all.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration