Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica AX-3 missing about half of the... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Fujica AX-3 missing about half of the exposures on a roll « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alowisney
Tinkerer
Username: Alowisney

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Fujica AX-3 that is skipping exposures on about half the frames on a roll. I've shot a couple of test rolls through it and there are blank exposures on each roll and the second roll was more misses than exposures. I can go through each shutter speed setting and watch the shutter open and close with or without a lens attached and with a test roll in the camera I can see the shutter open from the front with the lens detached. I can also do this in the automatic modes and on each ISO/ASA setting and the shutter fires as you'd expect.

Am I missing something else that could cause this? I'm not getting any double exposures, so I know that the film is advancing. I'm using a fresh battery that I checked with a meter and it's reading 6v exactly. I'm just not sure what could be causing this if I can't get it to replicate the problem in testing.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 201

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 01:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Erratic blank exposures in the Fujica AX-3 are almost always caused by issues with the release magnets. Remove the bottom cover and you will see the first and second curtain magnets. Carefully clean the contact surfaces, this should solve the problem with erratic exposure.
Bill

Alowisney
Tinkerer
Username: Alowisney

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you so much! I'm going to try that.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration