Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica autoreflex T3N questions Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica autoreflex T3N questions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ronaldsjoberg
Tinkerer
Username: Ronaldsjoberg

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was recently given my moms Autoreflex T3N that she's had in her closet since some ten/fifteen years ago and I have a few questions/problems.

First: The light meter.

I Got a pair of MR44-adapters and a pair of 392 silver oxide batteries to get the right voltage (the camera has never been calibrated to use higher voltage batteries). There were no corrosion visible inside the battery compartment. But it seems that there is something fishy going on with the light meter.

When I do the battery check (remove the lens, put film speed to ASA 100, and shutter speed to 125, and the switch in "OFF" position) I get movement of the needle when I switch it over to the "ON" position but it behaves just like it does when I have a lens on. The needle doesn't go to the battery check position but instead it moves around depending on the incoming light. I thought that when doing the battery check it would be independent of the amount of incoming light.

Exactly how is the needle supposed to behave, should it go to the battery check position regardless of the amount of incoming light, and if so what could be wrong with this one?

Second: The viewfinder.

The viewfinder is extremely messy. Not on the outside, where it should be easy to clean, but on the inside. It seems to be at least two pieces of glass with (horrible amounts of) dust between them.

Is this an easy thing to clean or do I have to dismantle the whole thing?

Thankful for any help!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ronaldsjoberg
Tinkerer
Username: Ronaldsjoberg

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 04:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, I've solved the light meter problem (operator failure...)

It works fine, it was just me failing to follow written instructions, Counter-clockwise to "C" not clockwise to "ON"...

Sorry for the double post.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration