Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Super Paxette lens aperture not aligned Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Super Paxette lens aperture not aligned « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nition
Tinkerer
Username: Nition

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 05:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello

I recently inherited this nice Braun Super Paxette II BL: http://i.imgur.com/aRhYg.jpg

It's in generally great condition but it has one issue. It's got the F2.0, 50mm lens and at the front of it is an aperture ring. The problem is that the numbers on the dial don't line up with the arrow showing what setting it's actually on. For instance, you might be on F2.0 but have it showing 5.8.

This seems to be due to the fact that the whole aperture ring section can unscrew from the main part of the lens, and it just doesn't quite screw in far enough to line up. I've had a look at it and there's no dirt or anything blocking it that I can see, but I'm certainly no expert.

It also has some minor issues with focus and I wonder if the misalignment of part of the lens has something to do with that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration