Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri Color 35D Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Petri Color 35D « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Beepilot
Tinkerer
Username: Beepilot

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 07:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just received a Petri Color 35D purchased on Ebay. Very nice condition but,and I suspect this occurred in transit, the insert with the brightlines /framelines and other info has either moved or become detached because it now appears in the viewfinder at a distinct angle. Some help in determining how easy and how to rectify this problem would be appreciated. Clearly the top cover has to be removed, and this is already documented, but what is involed in repositioning the insert and how is it fixed in place etc. Thanks

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 221

Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Usually these things are glued in place so just reset it in position and put a dab of glue on each end.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 388

Posted on Monday, September 24, 2012 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Use a contact cement, instead of Instant (cyanoacrylate) types, as the instant stuff will gas out, and leave a film on the glass parts of the finder.

PF

Steve_roberts
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_roberts

Post Number: 72

Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 07:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dismantling of the Petri is quite straightforward. I've had some excellent results from mine but what has always concerned me is that when the lens is cranked out the extending part no longer seems parallel to the lens mount when viewed from the side. Can I ask if yours is like this, as I've had two like it?
best wishes,
Steve

Beepilot
Tinkerer
Username: Beepilot

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 09:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the replies. I did manage to remove the top cover and sure enough the mirror was completely detached. It was relatively easy to reposition the mirror using the tiniest dab of Araldite Rapid to fix it in position. All back together and the viewfinder is clear and the brighlines/framelines are all in the correct position.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration