Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica YK Lens Disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica YK Lens Disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Karlt
Tinkerer
Username: Karlt

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone, My first post here!

Im working on a Yashika YK, camera on the whole worked fine when I got it (paid $20 Australian), but the viewfinder mirror was loose, and I ended up replacing it with one from a Yashica 35ME; it's alot brighter now.

But while I was cleaning and re-lubricating a few parts, the shaft from the rack and pinion became disengaed in the lens. And the lens stared to become a bit loose too. Will need to get the lens off to reattach the shutter cocking mechanism? Also, would anyone know if (looking form the back of the camera) the ring behind the ring of the rear element (it's got 4 slots in it that I couldn't get at with out making a lot of marks inside) is the one that holds the lens on?

I've stared going in from the front. (I wanted to wash out the escapement and clean shutter anyway) I've got the first ring from the front off, but I can't seem to unscrew the front element (I thnk I can still see the marks on my hand!). Anyone know where to go from here? What I can see is a round cover saying COPAL SV the front element and the brass housing that the lens appears to be screwed into.

Thanks
Karl

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration