Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Autopak 460t stucked slider Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta Autopak 460t stucked slider « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bryan_mmx
Tinkerer
Username: Bryan_mmx

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anybody knows how to fix the stucked slider for this camera? The slider that winds the film at every shot. Someone in the forum is also experiencing this problem but in that thread there was no solution and is archived. Hoping someone would help me. Thanks!

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 213

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 05:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Squirt some lighter fluid in the slider recess and let drip into the camera. Push the slider in forcing it as this has freed up sliders in the past without the need for lighter fluid.

Aside from that, who needs a 110 camera?

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 371

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They do sell new 110 film these days, Finnegan. Check out the Lomography site.

PF

Bryan_mmx
Tinkerer
Username: Bryan_mmx

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

will try that later, but I think the stuck up has something to do with a misaligned gear than just rust. I'm looking for a detailed information how to disassemble the unit.

It's our family's first camera. I want to fix it up before storing it away.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 396

Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 09:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Give me a few days to locate mine, and I'll see if I can figure it out.

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 397

Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I finally dug mine out of the collection box, and it's a 460Tx. There is a cover that slides over the lens, and it locks the shutter button. You can't fire the camera, and you can't advance the film. This was used on more than one of the 400 series Pocket Autopak cameras. See if the cover is closed on your camera. And don't be squirting lighter fluid into it, unless you are giving it a Viking funeral.

I looked at the way mine operates, and can't see anything else that would cause your problem without tearing the camera down, and since mine works, I'm reluctant to do that at the moment. But if you still can't get yours to operate, then I guess it's time to break out the tools again.

PF

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 213

Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 05:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many years ago my shop repaired the 400 series 110 cameras. I probably would not attempt to do so now as in many cases, parts were needed which of course are no longer available. If you really wanted to repair your camera, most likely you will need a parts camera nearby. In the case of the 400 series, I found that many of the issues were related to the main winding gear and it would need replacing. At that time, I just replaced the whole winding base plate (I have attached a photo showing the winding base plate and the main winding gear). To get to this point took a lot of peeling apart of trim bits and they usually got deformed since they were glued in place hence the need to have new cosmetic parts handy if you want the camera to look decent.
autopak

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 225

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had one like this. It jammed the same way. I gave the slider a good push. It moved a fraction of distance in and popped back out not jammed anymore. It has worked ever since.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration