Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help Please Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Help Please « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Trev
Tinkerer
Username: Trev

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can someone give me a contact to a repairer for the re-assembly of two old silver Tessar 50mm lens, it's just the focus section not the lens element section, all parts are there and in good order.
I also have a Contax D (small D logo) which needs the black thread that pulls down the mirror replaced, I am prepared to pay someone to do this for me, so if you can handle this job or part of it please contact, tel: 10686 414925 email: trevor.bruton@btinternet.com

Thanks Guys

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 370

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 11:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a word of caution, Trevor. Never include your e-mail address in your posts. Members can contact you through the forum via Private Message, and you can share it with whomever needs it then. But the spammers that like to visit here love to find new adresses to glom on to, and who knows where that might lead to.

I don't know who you might find in your area to repair your lenses and camera, but someone will chime in shortly, I'm sure.

PF

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1236

Posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 - 04:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Trevor:

There is an excellent directory of camera repair services at http://acecam.com/srindex.html - organized by location so you can find someone local. Contact them & ask if they can handle the Contax D and Tessars, not everyone has experience with real old stuff.

I'm not doing repairs, but I have some repair notes on the Contax which I will send you shortly. They might be useful to whoever you find to do the work.

rick

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration