Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon PS-4 Slide Copier Bellows Repla... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Nikon PS-4 Slide Copier Bellows Replacement? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 214

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 07:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently I bought a Nikon PB-4 Bellows with the PS-4 slide copier attachment. The PB-4's bellows are in good shape, but sadly the slide copier's are not. The bottom quarter of the bellows is pretty much completely gone in fact. I've examined it fairly closely and there is no obvious means of detaching the bellows from the copiers frame(s) that I can see.

I've never tried replacing/folding bellows on my own, but it seems to me that trying my hand at a slide copier's bellows might be a good way to learn how to do it. So I'm hoping to get pointers from the folks here in a few areas: 1) likely method of removing and subsequently reinstalling the bellows, and 2) any good sources or tutorials out there showing how it's done? and lastly 3) a good source for bellows material for a slide copier. The slide copiers bellows material is lighter weight than the material used for the PB-4's bellows.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration