Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Contax IIa Frame Counter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zeiss Contax IIa Frame Counter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 384

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't used my IIa much because of the messed up frame counter on it. However, the other day I came across one of Rick Oleson's pages on Contax repair while doing a search for something else, and there was the info I needed to get the job done. Thanks a bunch, Rick.

It turned out there was either an uneccessary shim on the winder shaft, or it is the wrong size, as it caused the pinion gear of the frame counter to rise up out of the rack ring, and cause erratic operation of the counter (I never knew where it would stop. Kind of like a miniature roulette wheel).

Here is a link to the Flickr page on the repair
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjCanhcL

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration