Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Vito II - Jammed shutter ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Voigtlander Vito II - Jammed shutter release « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Beepilot
Tinkerer
Username: Beepilot

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just acquired a Vito II in nice condition but the shutter release is jammed solid. I do know about needing to have film loaded and/or how to override the double exposure lock but the shutter release is stilled jammed. The shutter can be fired by inserting a small screwdriver to activate the shutter release lever that the shutter release button should push down. A small fine spring with loops at both ends came out of the camera front which I think is intended to provide a rturn action on the shutter release button. I don't think the lack of the spring would cause the release to jam. Has anyone else had this fault on a Vito II. I would appreciate any advice on rectifying the problem and any information on how to access more closely the shutter release mechanism. Lovely little camera in good condition shame not to be able to use it. Many Thanks - Roger (UK)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hankosaurus
Tinkerer
Username: Hankosaurus

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 - 09:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good luck fixing it. I have a copy and it's a splendid little 35mm folder. Never had that problem.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration