Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica C 35 light meter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica C 35 light meter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mars
Tinkerer
Username: Mars

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 09:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi there I'm italian and i'm not able to speak fluent english but i hope that i'll be able to explain my problem.

I bought a cheap konica c35. When i put the battery ( i use a 1,4 zinc air ) into it the light meter needle went up and got stuck to f16 1/650. I i change iso or light position the needle remains stuck.

Here there is onyone tha can help me ?

under i picture that show my camera and circuit.

many tanks konica c35 disassmbled

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 195

Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the needle drop when you remove the battery?

Mars
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes immediatley ! this camera how can see has got two wires for the battery. a red wire that go to the galvanometer and a black that go to the cds photo resistor. that is so strange for me because in the others rangefinder cameras that i got, like canonet 28, mamya 135, ricoh 500 g, porst 135 l etc... there is only a wire that makes contact with the battery.

Waynemel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 196

Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 01:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think the wiring is correct.
If the needle is jumping to the top, you could have a dead Cds cell. It is not offering any resistance in the circuit.

Mars
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 04:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that you have right. I have to find a good photo reistor and change it. do you think that is possible to find one in the web or i have to use one found in an others camera like spare parts?

Anyway thank you so much for your advices :-)

Waynemel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 197

Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 06:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Put a post in the "Swap Zone" section of this forum. It worked for me.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 401

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It would help to find any identifying stampings on the CdS cell body before you do your search. I was going to buy a pack of ten of them a while back, but decided that without knowing their rating, I wasn't going to take a shot in the dark on them.

PF

Mars
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Br ... I've understood but where can i find the specifications of a konica c35 photoresistor ? I have disassmbled the resistor but no identifying stampings on the CdS...

I think that i have to trying.... at moment i have find thi site and i wil try...

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/lilyyear/product-detailiqMmczBKACkn/China- Metal-Glass-Photoresistor.html

Waynemel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 199

Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you look on Ebay, you will find many inexpensive options for the photoresistors. I have purchased some in the past, but have not had a chance to try them out. You may need to install a potentiometer in the circuit to be able to adjust the meter (I don't think the C35 has one).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration