Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Bronica EC intermitent shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Bronica EC intermitent shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wupdigoj
Tinkerer
Username: Wupdigoj

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter of my Bronica EC has developed a (hopefully minor) problem. When the camera is idle for some days, the first couple of times you trip the shutter the speed is constant (about 1/60 I presume, not sure) regardless of the selected speed. B position (mechanical) is working fine. After 2 or 3 times, the shutter works as it should. I suppose this is a minor problem, perhaps related to a dirty magnet?. I have seen (don't remember where) pictures of a disassembled EC and it looked less scaring than, say, a S2. I have some experience servicing cameras, but Bronicas are a bit intimidating. Any experience in this subject, or pictures of a dissasembled camera would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Javier

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 230

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 03:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Years ago, I owned an EC-TL. Great camera. I'm trying to recall if it had a mechanical speed other than B if the battery was dead or not present. This constant 1/60 (or so) speed you're experiencing may be that. And if so, then that sounds to me like it's taking a few trips of the shutter to wake up the electronics. Which suggests perhaps a bit of corrosion or poor contact caused by corrosion, etc. somewhere in the works. Wish I could be more helpful, but that's what I'd be looking for.

Wupdigoj
Tinkerer
Username: Wupdigoj

Post Number: 12

Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 02:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Than you for your answer. The EC has not in fact any mechanical speeds, apart from B but the EC-TL does, 1/60 as you said. I think your guess make sense. I don't really know how the shutter timing works, but perhaps waiting several seconds after cocking the shutter may help. I will have to wait a day or so, because if the camera has been used in the previous hours the problem does not reproduce. I am just an amateur so I think I will live with this problem rather than breaking the camera in a repair attempt.

Javier

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration