Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Inside my Om 10 looks odd. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Inside my Om 10 looks odd. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mindseye
Tinkerer
Username: Mindseye

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi there i am just getting my second om10 body up to scratch and was about to replace the light seals on this on and can see something is a bit odd between the focusing screen and the mirror.

there seems to be some grey paper-like stuff that comes from under the focusing screen and then should tuck under the mirror? (looks like its split from the picture , but it isnt- thats just a mirror trick)

what is it and how do i get it back how it should be?
many thanks Nik

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/willowmoonn/computer%20problem/cropP10802 24.jpg[/IMG]
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 1048

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a light seal that stops leakage via the hinge pin area getting into the film chamber. If you are sure the fabric has not torn/split, put the smallest run of contact cement on the exposed edge and push back under top edge of mirror.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration