Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

K1000 film rewind lever and back release Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » K1000 film rewind lever and back release « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ladysmyth
Tinkerer
Username: Ladysmyth

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 09:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't pull this lever out without using a screwdriver blade to lever it up enough to get my figers under the knob. Sounds like a perscription for future major woes.
I have tried polishing the stem with 1500 grit emery cloth and removed some oxidation, and I used some Jigaloo as a lubricant (the plastic was not best pleased...) but it still sticks hard for the first 1/4" or so.

Also, how do I go about removing the bezel and the post/cap so that I can get the top of the case off and restore function to the shutter release/film advance lever? They are stuck too, and although I fixed this on another camera from the bottom, that fix isn't working on this one.

Many thanks in advance for any advice. This camera is a total write off in its owner's eyes, so extreme measures are not off the table...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration