Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shutter fires on film wind Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Shutter fires on film wind « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Caddy
Tinkerer
Username: Caddy

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 - 09:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all, I have a weird problem with a Minolta AL and can't figure it out.
When I advance the film every other time the shutter fires on the wind. Every other time it's fine. I think it is something to do with the components in the bottom of the camera. There is a disc that has two notches that look like they are supposed to catch and prevent from winding further until shutter has been fired, but on the second wind doesn't catch and goes too far triggering the shutter? I've not seen this before and the workings inside the bottom plate are way more complex than other RFs I have worked on.
Anyone had this problem or know the solution? I have another AL I could theoretically switch the bits out, but there are so many springs in there the thought of that is a bit daunting.
Any help greatly appreciated because other than this it is in fantastic shape.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration