Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Adjusting the rangefinder on a Minolta A Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Adjusting the rangefinder on a Minolta A « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark2000
Tinkerer
Username: Mark2000

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 08, 2012 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm working on a Minolta A that I had to get to replace one that someone broke by forcing the winder after the shutter was already cocked. This new one has a completely off rangefinder - both horizontal and vertical. I've been following the directions here: http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=minoltaa

But I've reached an impasse. The cam ring that pushed the rangefinder lens lever can't go far enough in because of a screw holding the M sync lever on. I may have to augment the rangefinder lever so that it's thicker and pushes in farther with less force.

As for vertical alignment - I have no idea. Removing the top of the broken unit and looking around provides me with no clues at all. Any help with either of these issue would be well appreciated. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration