Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Loose lens assembly in Olympus OM 24m... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Loose lens assembly in Olympus OM 24mm f2.8 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Woll
Tinkerer
Username: Woll

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an Olympus OM 24mm f2.8 lens where the whole lens assembly (i.e. the whole of the section containing the lenses) feels slightly loose.

If I separately grip the lens mount and the filter ring, then it can be moved very slightly in-and-out and around (with a click), and you can see the movement of the lens assembly/aperture ring relative to the focussing ring, and the rear element moves relative to the lens mount.

If I separately grip the lens mount and the focussing ring, then there doesn't seem to be any movement (or it's extremely small), although there is the same 'click' that occurs with the first test (the movement of the focussing ring being transferred to the lens assembly?).

The lens mount is firmly attached to the rest of the lens, and the (6?) screws visible inside the back of the lens, when the lens mount is removed, are also tight.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how it might be cured?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration