Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet QL17 lens cleaning Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canonet QL17 lens cleaning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Santaji
Tinkerer
Username: Santaji

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 19, 2012 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently bought a Canonet QL17 which i found at a antique store. The camera was in great shape besides a very little, almost unnoticable amount of fungus in the lens. I stored the Camera in a air tight box for about two months until a few days when i decided to shoot a roll with it for the first time, i noticed that the fungus had spread considerably. I'm still going to shoot one roll with it but i would like to get it cleaned afterwards, and i was thinking of trying to do it myself instead of taking it to a repair shop. Is this easy to do for someone who has no camera repair experience and what sort of tools will i need? Also what should i use to get the fungus off once i dismantle the lens elements?

This is the model which i have: http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/film/data/1966-1975/1969_nql17.html?la ng=us&categ=srs&page=net
It's the same as the QL17 GIII besides not having a battery check light.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration