Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet QL17 Battery Light Always On Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canonet QL17 Battery Light Always On « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark2000
Tinkerer
Username: Mark2000

Post Number: 12

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Having an odd problem. It may have occurred when I first opened the top case to adjust the rangefinder. Every time I stick a battery in the camera the battery check light turns on. I've reopened the top and tried putting felt on every bit of the area around the light switch that might be conductive. The second I put the top back on the light lights up. I know something is touching something it shouldn't, but I can't figure out what.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 407

Posted on Monday, October 22, 2012 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You just gotta keep chasing it till you find the problem.

PF

Mark2000
Tinkerer
Username: Mark2000

Post Number: 13

Posted on Monday, October 22, 2012 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So there isn't a common cause?

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 408

Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When it comes to a short, it could be anywhere along a length of wire. To determine the location, you have to work along different sections at a time, until you reach the point where the short disappears. Bent parts may be contacting a switch, or someone replaced a wire, and left too large of a solder blob behind. The entire circuit needs a going over to find the problem.

PF

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1249

Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you think this may have occurred when you had the top cover off, look for a pinched wire around the edge of the cover or some other place where you were working. This can happen pretty easily.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration