Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica C shutter stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica C shutter stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucthev
Tinkerer
Username: Lucthev

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 22, 2012 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently acquired a Yashika C, but the shutter appear to be stuck in the closed position. Cocking the shutter makes it move ever so slightly, and releasing it makes it move back to where it was, but it does not open in the process. I'm sure it can be fixed by following these instructions, as the lenses look similar:

www.rangefinderforum.com/classics/forum/messages/2/19153.html?1281461416

However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the lens/shutter in the first place. Does anyone know how to do this? I would be ever so grateful for help.

Dirbel
Tinkerer
Username: Dirbel

Post Number: 84

Posted on Monday, October 22, 2012 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter blades probably stick from oil that has gotten on them.

Check out the Repair Manuals section of this site, you can something about the Yashica D there - should be close enough.

Dirk

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1247

Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 04:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some notes on the C if you'd like them - [email protected] for a copy. Basically you have to remove the front leatherette (which unfortunately will probably come off in little pieces) to reach the screws that hold the front fascia plate on.

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 234

Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get a can of degreasing spray. Remove the rear lens. Spray the shutter that way. Wait for it dry. Test it. Keep doing it until it works. Put the lens back. It may gum up again a week later if it didn't get completely clean.

If you want to open up the thing like Rick suggested and ruin the "leather" you can get just the replacement piece you need instead of a whole recovering kit from cameraleather.com now.

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 130

Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 02:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Front lens assy. should unscrew allowing access to shutter blades. I use CRC QD contact cleaner on the blades after you touch them to free them for firing. After you fire them several times with the CRC sprayed on them, blow them out with an air spray and you should be able to clean them using tissue or absorbent paper strips between the blades.
Call me or email, see: www.flcamerarepair.com (Art)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration