Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

XD7 wind on problem solved Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » XD7 wind on problem solved « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bruce_robbins
Tinkerer
Username: Bruce_robbins

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 06:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I posted this question four years ago:

"My XD7 works fine but it has this annoying fault. After I've wound on, the shutter wont fire but if I just apply a little pressure to the wind on lever again (as if to wind on a second time) the shutters fires perfectly. The camera appears to be fully wound on after the first instance. All the second pseudo wind on movement does is apply a little pressure to the wind on lever, moving it barely at all. Any thoughts?"

I'm happy to say I can now answer my own question. The S1 switch, easily accessible with the bottom cover removed, has to make contact with a thin rigid wire when the shutter is cocked otherwise the camera wont fire. In my case, the switch and wire were about 2mm apart with the shutter cocked.

The couple of pseudo wind-on movements I routinely had to make were just jiggling switch and motor so that they made contact, allowing the shutter to trip. I bent the wire a little so it makes contact when it should and everything is good. The information for this came from an XD7/11 service manual available online in PDF form.

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone else has a similarly-afflicted camera.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration