Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Mat - shutter cocking problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica Mat - shutter cocking problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Camfan
Tinkerer
Username: Camfan

Post Number: 12

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 29, 2012 - 02:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all

I am attempting to fix a Yashicamat. First it had a winder which slipped. So i followed instructions i found on here to open the winder side and I cleaned and regreased the ratchet mech in there, that seemed to be successful. However since doing that the winder has not been cocking the shutter. I have taken off the front to access the linkage between the winder and the shutter. At first glance the lever on the shutter seemed bent so i have been trying to adjust it. However i am struggling to get it just right. Sometimes the lever from the winder slips overtop of the shutter lever, other times it slips past it. If get it to successfully connect it doesn't seem to have enough "reach" to cock the shutter. I wonder if I might be missing something? One thing that confuses me a little is when the cocking action should occur. The lever from the winder depresses when winding each frame but also when reversing the winder - i had always thought the final reversal of the winder did the cocking, but it looks to me like each action could cock it.

Any advice appreciated!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1252

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think it would cock in either direction; once the shutter is cocked, the linkage repeating the action will not hurt anything.

I have some notes from years ago on a similar issue, a YM124G failing to fully cock the shutter - may not address your issue but you're welcome to a copy if you'd like to see them.

[email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration