Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Planar 50/1.7 Separating 2 fron... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zeiss Planar 50/1.7 Separating 2 fronts elements problem. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mrjeroul
Tinkerer
Username: Mrjeroul

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 29, 2012 - 06:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I'm new on the forum. Hoping other forumer can guide and help me with a problem.

I have a fungus problem in the inside surface of the 2 front elements that seems to be sealed in a housing. It looks like the housing/group is hold at the edge by type of glue at 2 spots. How can I seperate this 2 elements? Thank you

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 65

Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is very common that front group is guled permanently. I too have this problem in my minolta lense. You cannot seperate them as far as I know and from what I learnt from this forum too.

If fungus is yr problem then take care not to immerse this group in any liguid out of desperation. Once the liquid seeps in there is no way you can completely gt rid of it.

I have exposed the lense to CFL for over a few hours and had significant sucess. I didnt have access to an untravoilet source and it didnt try further.

But ultravoilet exposure is believed to be effectiveas reported by many. Atleast it is safe to try, nothing to loose.

I got rid of fungus in my lens by expsing to CFL which is supposed to leak someweak ultravoilet light too. Not that it is entirely free of fungus but it fairely clear of it and I am happy using my lens on NEX.

Mrjeroul
Tinkerer
Username: Mrjeroul

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank you a lot for your information. It is a great help to me. At least i can
try to stop the fungus growth with your technique.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1253

Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hadn't thought about this use, but there are some very neat little CFL blacklights available now that would be just the right size to park over a lens.

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 66

Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 09:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YesMr Rick, I am aware of the blacklights but didnt use them since UV light is very harmful to eyes and use of those needs lot of care. Those confident should use them. Bt what ever method one uses I believe he should pass on his experince, details abt sucess and failure as well as the methods used. That shd help many readers here.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration