Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Chinon CE-4 meter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Chinon CE-4 meter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Axelg89
Tinkerer
Username: Axelg89

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

Found alot of usefull info on here but need some more help and really can't search my way to it.

I bought a chinon ce-4 with a few lenses for $30 of an auction site here in Sweden. It's all in a like new condition cosmeticaly but it hadn't been used for a long time.

I put batteries in it and nothing happend. The led in the viewfinder didn't light up and the shutter didn't work. After taking the top of and cleaning the shutter speed wheel of internally the camera come to life and shutter works flawlessly. But still got some issues and wonder if anyone have a clue how to solve them..

Symphtoms:
1. In AUTO shutter fires at 1/500s of a second regardless of light conditions.
2. Times under 1/2 sec are strange. 1 s sounds more like 1/8, 2 sec leaves the shutter all open and 4 sec sounds more like 1/30.

Anyone have a clue what could cause this or how to fix it? Don't really mind the low times but have to get the meter working.. Batteries are new (357) and everything under top cover looks like new.

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration