Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica Super TL help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Praktica Super TL help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mervyn
Tinkerer
Username: Mervyn

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

after adjust the film speed dial , i hav to adjust my shutter speed dial , all the things is normal , but when i adjust the shutter speed dial to 1/1s and B mode , my film speed dial turn together with my shutter speed dial...isn't normal for this camera ? will effect to my film if i using 1/1s nad B mode to take picture ?

Prasanna
Tinkerer
Username: Prasanna

Post Number: 75

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Super TL has a meter coupled to the dials of shutter speed and film speed. The meter has a limited range and will not work at 1 sec and B. So the scales reach their limits and turn together.
When you time it for long exposures you are not using the meter. It will not affect the picture except per your own calculated risk of exposure time.

Prasanna
Tinkerer

Post Number: 76

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 07:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The meter is only indicative of the optimum exposure. The meter does not control the aperture. You do it manually. So what affects the picture is how you set the aperture and exposure. I hope this expalains.

Mervyn
Tinkerer
Username: Mervyn

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank you very much ! u help me a lot !

Carnivorejellyfish
Tinkerer
Username: Carnivorejellyfish

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, November 09, 2012 - 12:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found a super TL in my basement and really want to make it work. I have no previous experience with film cameras. I bought some film, read some online information, and tried to set it up. However, the rapid wind lever does not move the take up spool (or anything else) inside the camera. Am I doing something wrong?

Prasanna
Tinkerer

Post Number: 77

Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 04:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a tough problem to diagnose without examining the camera in person. For preliminaries, check the following: (1) Is the mirror in the normal position? or is it stuck against the roof? (2) Is the shutter already cocked? (3) There is a lock on the shutter button; it turns through 90 degrees; please see if it is locked. (4) Have you tried wiggling the wind-on lever? sometimes it gets stuck due to non-use. Also, it is possible that the mechanism has something broken inside; that would need a major repair. But do try the other things; it may work.
Good luck.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration