Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contax RTS shutter stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Contax RTS shutter stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joaomfaria
Tinkerer
Username: Joaomfaria

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 08:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey there guys!

i recently found on a garage sale a amazing deal on a contax RTS with a 1.4 zeiss. Unfortunately the lens was in good shape but the contax was a shame.

All dials seemed to work but i couldn't make the shutter have any "activity". Unfortunately one of my friends grabbed the camera and pulled the mirror lock and now i cant even make mirror go down again.

i have a new battery on camera and cant "advance film". LED doesn't seem to activate while pressing the button. Tough the battery compartment seems clean. Maybe i should clean the positive cover with it? What method do you recommend?

Can you please help me? MY dad wanted a RTS for a long time and even if its esthetically bad it would be a great gift for him.

Thanks in advance!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dirbel
Tinkerer
Username: Dirbel

Post Number: 86

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a battery check button below the wind lever. When you press it, a light between ASA dial and wind lever should go on.
If this does not work, re-check the battery compartment. Use a Q-Tip with some contact cleaner on it to clean the contacts.

The light meter is activated by the button above the self-timer lever. The shutter button triggers the shutter immediately, and if the shutter does not operate for any reason, you won't see any light in the finder.

The mirror should come down again when you move the lever on the side of the lens mount down again, but if it stays up, the shutter should operate anyway.

Ciao,

Dirk

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration