Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax P30T: The oldest trick in the ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax P30T: The oldest trick in the book seems to work « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ismaelg
Tinkerer
Username: Ismaelg

Post Number: 92

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 09, 2012 - 03:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

For the whopping amount of 99 cents (which is almost a FULL dollar), plus shipping of course, I scored a tired Pentax P30t from ebay. The mirror was stuck in the up position. With nothing to loose except maybe a few minutes, I started tinkering with it. I lightly played with the shutter blades and it tripped. From there I started "exercising" it. I found that if you wind it fast, the shutter doesn't cock, requiring additional actuations and loosing frames in the film. After a few minutes of exercise, if winded slowly, everything seems to work.
I think that's what they mean when they say I need to exercise :-)
I know it is not going to be the most reliable unit around, but it seems to work....

Thanks,
Ismael
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 242

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 09, 2012 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds like something needs de-goo-ing. Maybe old grease or old foam. I can't help but think of KEH descriptions of "sticky shutter bumpers" which, I'm guessing, are old foam "shock absorbers" gone gooey.

I have a P30t and I think it is the best of the modern Pentaxes (besides the MX). But I paid about 20x more for mine. But it did come with two zooms and 2 packs of film.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration