Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fed 2 curtains Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Fed 2 curtains « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Prasanna
Tinkerer
Username: Prasanna

Post Number: 78

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 04:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! I am learning to change the curtains in Fed 2. I have just completed two Fed 2 early types with new curtains that I cut out from material bought from Mr Asahi. I am using the manual by Maizenberg; the manual is quite detailed and helpful. However, there seem to be no standard specifications to mounting the the curtains in the cradle first; no limits and tolerances are specified, except to say that we should mount it for 1/500 second and with a 0.5mm gap between curtains. I did all that.
Both cameras now work on the higher exposure speeds 1/500 to 1/100 sec. Lower speeds, 1/50 and 1/25 and B expose at the same speed.
I guess that the delaying mechanism [the rod with the little cam on top] is probably worn out due to age and use.
Still, is there a particular way to adjust the gap between the curtains, [other than setting it at the cradle]?
Any one with experience on Fed 2 curtains and/or Zorki? I would appreciate your inputs here. Thank you, regards

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration