Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Autoreflex T3n loud shutter? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica Autoreflex T3n loud shutter? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 210

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 08:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was under the impression that the T3n had a shutter that was more quiet than it's predecessors. My example however, makes a rather loud "thunk", and seems to be louder than the T's I've had in the past.It is especially clunky when the lens is set to EE. Is this normal?
I was wondering if there is a rubber pad or bumper that may be missing on my example. The mirror pads are good. Has anyone come across this situation before?

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 309

Posted on Friday, November 16, 2012 - 09:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have often razzed the T3 as being loud as an old barn door swinging shut.

Both of mine have an extra noise when the lens is set to EE. It is hard to pin down, but occurs whether or not there are batteries in it, and regardless of lens. I've been trying to narrow it down, but it certainly is in the automatic exposure mechanism, which is pretty complex and all mechanical. With the lens off, it's hard to detect, since it's so loud anyway. You can duplicate the EE setting with a lens off by pushing the little pin found at about the 2:00 position on the lens mount inward. You'll see how the aperture lever and follower ring move.

With lens on, it seems loudest with no battery, second loudest with battery and bright light. This does not make much sense, since with no battery tbe EE position always fires with maximum aperture, and with battery in bright light it goes to minimum but there it is. It can get pretty hard to sort out after a while. Too many clicks and clacks.

Since this is in the aperture mechanism somewhere I don't think there are any bumpers involved. The whole thing works somehow, but if you use EE, you do risk scaring the wildlife.

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 400

Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the response.
I think I am resigned to the fact that the camera is just noisy. I was hoping I was missing a bumper or something, but I can't see where one might be.
It's interesting that you noticed the sound change with different light levels. I will have to try that myself.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration