Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Whittaker micro 16 spy camera Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Whittaker micro 16 spy camera « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shutterbug2
Tinkerer
Username: Shutterbug2

Post Number: 60

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought this at estate sale today. for life of me I can,t figure out how to get film advance plunger to pop out on side. It moves freely in about 1/16 inch but that,s all I can get it to do. I can,t find any thing out on net. anyone own one of these beauty,s. Thanks. James

Lrsnrl
Tinkerer
Username: Lrsnrl

Post Number: 26

Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The plunger is supposed to pop out when you are
holding it lever viewfinder side up. Pushing the
plunger in and releasing it should allow the
plunger to pop out. When you turn it upside down
and push the plunger in it should stay in.

There is a little horseshoe shaped latch that
slides over a the grooved portion of the plunger.
The old lubricants have gummed up preventing the
latch from moving. Try putting a few drops of
lighter fluid around the plunger button and also
open up the bottom and put a few drops from that
side also and let it soak. It may free up eventu-
ally.

Shutterbug2
Tinkerer
Username: Shutterbug2

Post Number: 61

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for help. Plunger apparently was gummed up with your advice and little pressure on end of plunger inside with knife blade it popped out. I still need to degrease things since plunger won,t stay locked in now.It did come with both film canisters that was plus. Thanks Again. James

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration