Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri 2.8 color corrected Super "gree... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Petri 2.8 color corrected Super "green-o-matic" shutter/lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Railcrew
Tinkerer
Username: Railcrew

Post Number: 42

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is the Green-o-matic model of the Petri 2.8 Color Corrected Super. Got one fairly cheap but the shutter won't fire and the lens focus ring is frozen I'm pretty sure I have to remove the leatherette and remove the lens-plate to get at the main ring holding the lens on but that will destroy the brittle plastic-like leatherette. Is there a way in from the front?

I got the front element off (which takes the decorative front and filter ring off with it) but I'm afraid I can't figure out the next step. there seems to be a very thin ring with spanner slots but is that going to send springs flying around the room when I remove it?

also will I be able to get at the focus helical to lube it that way or am I screwed and have to destroy the leatherette? I have some spare leatherette but have never attempted repair of that type.

Railcrew
Tinkerer

Post Number: 43

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 01:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

got the lens plate off and lens off the lens plate (yes, the leatherette is destroyed) and got down to the shutter gears in the front, aperture ring in back. I am sure the shutter is in the charged setting/position, I put some lighter fluid on the blades, it's been siting all day, still not fired yet. now what?

Railcrew
Tinkerer

Post Number: 44

Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, I've figured it out.. sorry for wasting your time.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration