Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

What is this part? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » What is this part? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Railcrew
Tinkerer
Username: Railcrew

Post Number: 49

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It fell out of the film compartment when I first opened my new Tower 3S (Nicca Type 3S. bottom plate. It's brass and blackish colored

T6nn
Tinkerer
Username: T6nn

Post Number: 33

Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks just like the piece that sits under the film counter dial of my soviet Leica copies? Maybe previous owner forgot it out after a repair attempt but thankfully still wanted to include it with the camera and just slipped it into the film compartement?

Railcrew
Tinkerer
Username: Railcrew

Post Number: 50

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2012 - 03:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My film counter doesn't work and (only 1 of 2 defects on the camera) I tried removing the screw on top (film advance knob) but couldn't remove the knob to see what's up. are there more steps to get the film counter fixed?

T6nn
Tinkerer
Username: T6nn

Post Number: 34

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2012 - 05:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, there should be a stop-screw on the advance knob. After loosening it, turn the advance knob countrer-clockwise. It could be hard, because the stop-screw has sometimes already messed up the threads on the brass part under it.
Try not to push down the advance knob when it has become a little loose: you may damage the delicate one-way mechanism on the winding gear. For the same reason it may be a good idea to jam a piece of wood between the winding gears when using force on the advance knob.
There is a lot more info on the web if you search for Leica repair manuals:
http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manuals/service/screw_mount_leicas.pdf

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration