Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Retina IIIc Ut-Oh Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Retina IIIc Ut-Oh « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cactus
Tinkerer
Username: Cactus

Post Number: 36

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 07:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got out my Retina IIIc I had Essex Camera redo in the Spring and I found that the black collar with the f-stops spins around on its own. The shutter and aperture work together as indicated on the adjustment, just the collar is free. Where does the silver metal tab attached to the collar go?

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 403

Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The tab should be connected to the selector on the right. Behind the selector, held on by the slotted screw, is a two pronged fork. The metal tab should be in-between the prongs.

Chris_sherlock
Tinkerer
Username: Chris_sherlock

Post Number: 60

Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Instructions here...
http://retinarescue.com/retina3caperturepointerrepair.html

Regards, Chris

Cactus
Tinkerer

Post Number: 37

Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 06:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank You, great information :-)

Brianshaw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianshaw

Post Number: 140

Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't mean to be critical of your repairman, but if I were you I'd check EVERYTHING carefully to make sure the camera is in proper operating condition.

Cactus
Tinkerer

Post Number: 38

Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 07:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am glad I bought those toothpicks at the dollar store, I thought they would come in handy......Thank You for the information...... :-)

and yes Brianshaw, I have good reason to be concerned about the repairman, when I got it back in April, the screws for the distance scale band where loose. Now this with the aperture and the locking screw for the spanner nut was not tight. Its not what I know that concerns me now, Its what I don't know that concerns me. I E-mailed them but at this point no reply.

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 159

Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I read today that Essex was hard-hit by Hurricane Sandy, and is not open for business yet...so it might take a while to get a response.

Cactus
Tinkerer

Post Number: 39

Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank You "Donnie_strickland", I had not considered that.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration