Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Leica IIIF Slow Speed Dial Assembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Leica IIIF Slow Speed Dial Assembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Beepilot
Tinkerer
Username: Beepilot

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently acquired a quite nice Leica IIIF but one small problem was that the small tab on the slow speed dial assembly which locks the dial at the 1/30 position was either missing or broken I've sourced a replacement assembly but I'm having problems removing the old one. I have removed the screw on knob but the centre screw was too tight/difficult to remove partly because the slot had been chewed up. I've had to carefully drill it out and was then able to unscrew the adjusting collar. I'm not sure how the remainder comes apart. Does the cover with the engraved speeds now pull off or what. Any help/advice on the next stage of disassembly would be much appreciated. Roger

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration