Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Remove rolleicord V focus knob Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Remove rolleicord V focus knob « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Treflip
Tinkerer
Username: Treflip

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 04:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I've worked on several rolleicord Va/Vb transports with success. I have the same transport problems with a newly acquired cord V ( with the focus knob on the right) It appears that one must remove the knob to get the side panel off this model? I'm wondering how I should do this. any tips greatly appreciated.

Treflip
Tinkerer
Username: Treflip

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok,
thanks to
Mike Willegal:

"Look at the knob from the side and you'll notice a joint on the outer part of it. There is a relatively thin outer ring that should be unscrewed from the rest of it, as the first step in removing the knob. You may need some kind of friction wrench to break it loose."

so, hold the focus knob, use a rubber stopper and turn the outer piece counter clockwise. I used naptha to loosen it and it turned easily off. There are no slots for a spanner and it looks like one piece. That's the most confusing part. Hope that helps.

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 234

Posted on Friday, December 14, 2012 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here a drawing of the focus knob :

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration