Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon D300 AF-S Nikkor 17-55mm 1:2.8G... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Nikon D300 AF-S Nikkor 17-55mm 1:2.8G ED Autofocus not working « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sam091
Tinkerer
Username: Sam091

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 12:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all expert, can anyone help me out? I have the Nikon D300 model with the AF-S Nikkor 17-55mm Lens. The autofocus suddenly stop working and I have no idea what is going on. Is it I wrongly press the setting or what. I can say is a newbie on DSLR camera and have no idea how to fix this. So please, any expert can give some advice. Thanks.

Brianw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianw

Post Number: 18

Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, this forum is for film cameras only.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 442

Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 07:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First thing Sam091, is to go through the manual, and make sure you have executed all the proceedures for operating the camera correctly.

Second, is to get another lens to try out on the camera, either borrowing from a friend, or take your camera to a shop to try out other lenses to see if they work. It's a process of elimination thing to find out if the fault is in the lens, or camera.

Thirdly, if you can figure out where the fault lies, then return the camera or lens to wherever you bought it for a warranty repair or exchange. That is, if it still is in warranty, and you didn't get it by some third-hand sale (used). If you have no warranty on the units, then it's best to take it to a repair shop, as these newer cameras are not what you would call DIY friendly. If it's an electronic fault, then some PC board will need to be exchanged, and only authorised Nikon Repair facilities will have the parts neccessary to fix your camera or lens.

Good luck.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration