Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

FUJICA STX-1 Top Cover Removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » FUJICA STX-1 Top Cover Removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bobds78
Tinkerer
Username: Bobds78

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 06:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi to everyone,

I have a Fujica stx-1 that has a very dirty viewfinder that I wanted to clean. I have gotten as far as removing the film advance lever, the film rewind lever as well as the 2 external screws.

Up to that point, I can loosen the top plate around the film advance lever area but not the film rewind lever area.

It seems that part is still tight and more is needed to be removed/loosen before the whole top cover can be easily uplifted.

I don't want to force anything, so I am looking for advice and help here hopefully there have been successful removal by others and they would share it here.

Any info & comments shared are most appreciated and I am grateful.

Regards,

Happy New Year

Bob

Fidji
Tinkerer
Username: Fidji

Post Number: 16

Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 08:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Under the rewind knob is a chrome disc.This unscrews anticlockwise to release the top plate.You will need something to grip,use a rubber household glove or,as I use,an inch long length of one inch dia hose made of rubber.I can't remember,but you may have to remove the two nameplate screws also.

Bobds78
Tinkerer
Username: Bobds78

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 04:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi fidji. Thanks very much for the info and sharing. appreciate it.

thanks again.

regards and a happy new year!

Fidji
Tinkerer
Username: Fidji

Post Number: 17

Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 04:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bobds78,
Glad to be of help.Was in a hurry when wrote last post,something to do with other half and new year!So forgot to say that a dirty viewfinder in a SLR is usually not the inside of the viewing lens,but the top of the focusing screen,which is under the pentaprism and collects debris which is often dust and bits of decayed foam from around the pentaprism.
If this is the case,blow out all the bits before cleaning the screen,as the foam will make a right mess if wiped across the surface of the screen.Also,be careful not to damage the meter needle when cleaning the top of the focusing screen.
Good luck,and happy new year to all.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration