Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikkormat FT lens mount shuuter speed... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Nikkormat FT lens mount shuuter speed ring problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aerowoof
Tinkerer
Username: Aerowoof

Post Number: 34

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nikkormat FT
Bought this camera on line and when recieved it has a few problems
I need help with.they are all related to one area and hopefully a fairly easy fix
The lens mount it loose as is the shutter speed ring.the shutter works but the
speed indexes are off.the meter responds to light and the shutter does function.
where do I start to get to the shutter speed ring and lens mount?

Plaskey
Tinkerer
Username: Plaskey

Post Number: 14

Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 02:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As I recall, the lens mount itself holds everything in on these cameras. It may be a simple matter of tightening the four slotted screws that hold it in place.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1275

Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 06:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some tear-it-apart notes on the FT. It sounds like the shutter speed ring position has been disturbed, so you'll need to set it back correctly before tightening the lens mount back down. It's all loose under the lens mount, as Plaskey noted. Write me at [email protected] for the notes.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration