Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

X-370 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » X-370 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aerowoof
Tinkerer
Username: Aerowoof

Post Number: 36

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 04:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

have a 370 with a shutter problem probaly the cap.in reading the service manual it looks like I can release the shutter by connecting a 3v battery directly to the green(+) and white(-) leads to the release magnet.sounds like it may take a second or to to completely release.question I have is can I access the leads on the printed circuit or do they need to be removed.just want to check the shutter works before replacing the cap.this is shown on pg 26 out of 110 on the manual I downloaded

Aerowoof
Tinkerer

Post Number: 38

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

picture of wires

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 322

Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 03:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a complete electronics dummy but from what I read in the service manual on the page indicated by you it says that the battery method is to be used to release the shutter after it has been reinstalled and before connecting the release magnet leads to the flexi board.
With method 2 (battery) the drawing seems to show connecting the original wires to the battery. It also says to keep them connected until the shutter operation is finished. This indicates to me that this may take some time.
But as I said above I'm completely lost with electronics - this is just my interpretation of the service manual.

A broken cap usually shows that way: After powering the camera on the viewfinder LEDs turn on as soon as you touch the release button. When you depress the release further the LEDs go off but nothing else happens until you turn the camera off and on again and you're back to start. At least with mine it was that way.
Does not help much, I know.

Aerowoof
Tinkerer

Post Number: 45

Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was able to sister a very large 220uf 35vdc axial lead cap onto the stock unit which was showing corrosion on the negative lead.the shutter did fire several times with out fail.so removed both units untill I can find a correct replacement micro tools in the US is out of stock.attached is a pic of the original capX-370

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration