Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Tools for K1000 disassemble. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Tools for K1000 disassemble. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wacrider
Tinkerer
Username: Wacrider

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to take the top off a K1000 and need to know what special tools are needed. I have 3 small screwdriver sets, tho I believe I need a special type? If I do, what size drivers to order?
Besides that I only have lens spanner wrenches for large format work, small file set and a small side cutter. Aim is to understand the metering system on some parts bodies before I tackle my good camera.

Fidji
Tinkerer
Username: Fidji

Post Number: 22

Posted on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out 'articles'at the top of the page.The tools to begin with section is about all you need,plus some lighter fuel and those cotton wool tipped sticks ,called Q-Tips in the UK.
Make sure your screwdrivers are fairly sharp and squared to fit,and use the correct size for each screw.Use a fine sharpening stone for this.
Other than that,I use a clear surface away from children and pets,and use a white sheet of A4 for working on and another for laying the dismantled parts on.This is better than plastic trays as you can write notes beside any part which may help during re-assembley.

Aerowoof
Tinkerer
Username: Aerowoof

Post Number: 40

Posted on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

most of the japanese screws that look like phillips are jts.get a nice set of jts screwdrivers for under $20

Fidji
Tinkerer
Username: Fidji

Post Number: 23

Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 03:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you mean jis type?
I have a set of 4,but only ever use the #000 50mm size.
You will also need good quality flats.Check out the side of the winding assembly on the K1000.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration