Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax ME « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aerowoof
Tinkerer
Username: Aerowoof

Post Number: 48

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bought this body for $9.99 knowing it didn't shoot.when recieved the film advance would just wind and wind.Though that someone wound it to hard and broke a tab off the advance lever as talked about in Henery Tabers ramblings of the ME Super and it's weak points.this is not the super so do not know if it has the same tab or not but got lucky.After leaving it alone for a few weeks decided to take a look at it again today.and when I unlocked the shutter I accidently pressed the shutter release and it fired.went to wind it and it was the same as before would not lock.just kept winding free.there was a dented area on the bottom plate so I removed the bottom and it wound and fired fine.when I put the bottom plate on and just held it in place the problem returned.Had to be the dents jamming one of the wind levers.After carfully pounding out the dents with a flat nylon block and a hammer against a piece of plywood and reinstalling the bottom plate allworkrd fine.the light meter and shutter are working as they should.Just need to install new light seals and ready to test with film.Made for a good day.attached pictures show the dents in the bottom plate.Pentax ME bottom plate

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration