Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Autoreflex T Battery problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica Autoreflex T Battery problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aerowoof
Tinkerer
Username: Aerowoof

Post Number: 50

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 06:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have a Autoreflex T that looks like new.but the spring loaded contact in the battery box has fallen down inside and is not making cotact.also the opening is a quite a bit larger than I remmeber for the wire to pass thu looks to be about 3/16" in diameter.with the shortage of new parts is there a way to make a repair?was thinking that if I could get the wire and spring back up an E type clipto act as a retainer might work.

Arfd
Tinkerer
Username: Arfd

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 04:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If your model is the first T you will have to pull the front panel to access the battery compartment, but if the model you are working on is the more common 'T2' (still called Autoreflex T) the battery compartment can be unscrewed from under the base and the spring re-secured by using 2 small screws in place of the broken plastic studs. The black wire soldered to the spring is often corroded along its whole length and will need replacing. Check its conductivity before attempting major surgery. From your description it sounds as though the spring has also broken off the black wire. Even if the wire is not corroded it is very difficult to resolder. One solution is to secure a small tinned tag under the spring, held in place by one of the screws, and solder the wire to it. The tag must be as small as possible or it will interfere with the movement of the mirror damper mechanism which is very close to the battery box.

Aerowoof
Tinkerer

Post Number: 51

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks,after looking up the t2 I do have a t2 even tho it is t on the top cover.I may have lucked out onthis one .will see when i open up the bottom cover.Again thanks.

Aerowoof
Tinkerer

Post Number: 56

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you were correct,now may I ask were the other end of the black wire goes so I can check the conductivity?also where does one get small screws for a repair like this.hardware store doesn't have them small enough.

Arfd
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Once the top cover is off you will see the black wire terminates on the rewind side of the prism circuit board. This wire, and the flash synch wires, sit in a grove between the body and the Copal shutter, so it is "possible" to thread a fresh wire in via the battery box hole. There is a small brass clip at the top which secures these wire to the body.
Getting the right screws is always a big problem. I usually scavenge screws from bust radios and cassette recorders. The screws used in old audio cassettes are also useful for screwing into plastic but the heads must be trimmed or they will catch the movement of the mirror damper as mentioned earlier.

Aerowoof
Tinkerer

Post Number: 59

Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just checking on the black wire,it was all dust inside the insulation but mine terminated at one end of the battery check button.it also was broken off there as well.there are a yellow and green lead that looks like they go up to the prism.does this sound correct?

Arfd
Tinkerer

Post Number: 10

Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Referring to my old notes, the yellow and green wires go to the rewind hub CB, the red wire is the positive battery, and the blue & brown wires are X and M synch. Don't bother with these wires, they should be fine. The black wire from the battery test unit may be OK too, once it is resoldered. It is the black wire from the battery spring which needs renewing. This wire is soldered to the prism CB. Most of these wires are held in a brass clip near the top of the Copal shutter and under the rewind hub circuit board.

Aerowoof
Tinkerer

Post Number: 64

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

any chance you couls email me copies of your notes on top cover removal and any sketches?

Arfd
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some scans and sketches, not mine, on an old computer. Send me a PM and I'll have a go digging them out.

Fireman4792000
Tinkerer
Username: Fireman4792000

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 09:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you Arfd send what you have to me, I have a Konica autoreflex T fireman4792000hotmail.com I will apricieat for that Thankyou ARFD

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration