Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Ft-1 mirror Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica Ft-1 mirror « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lcollins315
Tinkerer
Username: Lcollins315

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 09:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I came into possession of a konica ft-1 recently and have come to find out it is missing the mirror. I was wondering if anyone knows how expensive this would be to fix and where the best place to get it from would be.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jagstang
Tinkerer
Username: Jagstang

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're unlikely to get just the part, as most people who part cameras just go for the easy stuff like cosmetic parts. Your best bet is to get a parts donor. I had an FT1 I sold for parts back in the summer for a whopping $1 + shipping. If you wait, you'll find one cheap. If you have a local camera store that deals in or used to do film stuff ask them; they might have a broken one in the back somewhere they would probably just let you have. As for cost to fix, probably more than buying another camera.

I wish I could help you as to what would be involved in putting the mirror in yourself. Does it look like it was just glued in, or was it held in by some kind of bracket?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration