Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Sekonic Micro-Leader Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Sekonic Micro-Leader « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 470

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This one is stumping me.

Sekonic Micro-Leader Front

The window is loose, and even though the large green pointer holds it away from the needle, thus averting any damage, it does allow dirt to get inside the meter through the gap created at the side towards the dial.

Sekonic Micro-Leader Back

I've removed the two rubber plugs and the screws they hide, but can only get the two halves of the body to slightly seperate at the end where the lanyard is. It feels as if I need to remove the dials from the front to be able to complete the seperation. I suspect that the center post on the dial is a retaining screw, but can't get it to rotate in either direction. Anyone ever have a go at one of these?

PF

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 238

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 04:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The name plate on the back of the unit needs to be carefully pried up (it is glued to the bottom cover) and this will reveal the third screw that needs to be removed...
Bill

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 471

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That figures. Thanks, Bill. Any idea what solvent I can use to loosen it?

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 472

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 08:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Never mind that, Bill, it just popped off.

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 473

Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got it opened, and the window glued back down, but I may have to go back in later and replace the negative battery lead to the PC board.

Photos on Flickr at: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDPueZQ

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration