Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contax RTS shutter and shutter dial i... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Contax RTS shutter and shutter dial issue. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ssroy21
Tinkerer
Username: Ssroy21

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone. I own a Contax RTS which had been operating perfectly until the other day.
I first started noticing that the shutter speed dial wasn't clicking into place when I switch shutter speeds. It feels like it is grinding and doesn't want to move smoothly. When I look through it indicates that it's moving, but it just feels wrong.

I then took off the rewind screw and examined to see if anything was broken or if I could see anything jamming. I couldn't see anything so I put it back together.

Afterwards, I set it at 1000 and tried to snap a photo. The shutter got stuck upward, and came back down maybe 20 seconds later. I did it again and it stayed up. The only way I found to release it was to turn the shutter dial to the A or the B.
I have a new battery in there, and I'm not sure what's going on.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration